Half Time:

Kettering Town FC: 2


Jordon Crawford 00

Yellow Cards

Red Cards




Yellow Cards

Red Cards


Full Time:

Kettering Town FC: 2


Yellow Cards

Red Cards




Theo Streete 45
Kai Williams 45

Yellow Cards

Red Cards


Match Report


For the second game running the Poppies squandered a 2-0 lead. First half goals from Jordon Crawford on 18 minutes and Alex Brown 11 minutes later saw the visitors leading at the interval. A revitalised Telford drew level in the second half with goals from Theo Streete and Kai Williams in the 63rd and 87th minutes. Kettering had good chances in the second half and were a little unfortunate not to add to their goal tally, as the game ended 2-2. 


There was no sign of Luke O’Neill and loanee, George Cooper started. Lamine Sherif reverted to the bench as Gary Stohrer started in midfield.

The teams lined up:


13  Ted Cann

3    Ross White (2 Arien Birch,46)

20  Brad Bood

26  Saul Shotton

6   Theo Streete

7   Elliott Durrell

8   Adam Walker (Captain)

9   Jason Oswell

10 Dom McHale (24 Ewan Bange,74)

11 Kai Williams 

19 Kyle Bennett (4 Jed Abbey,90+1) 

Unused substitutes:

5  Zak Lilly

11 Brendon Daniels

Yellow Cards: Bennett,52; Williams,88



1  Jackson Smith

2  Connor Barrett

3  Alex Brown

4  George Cooper 

5  Connor Johnson

6  Chris Smith 

8  Connor Kennedy (Captain) 

9  Gerry McDonagh (24 Kyle Perry,66)

10 Jordon Crawford 

11 Harrison Neal 

12 Gary Stohrer

Unused Substitutes:

7  Callum Powell

14 Lamine Sherif

15 Luke Ward

16 Claudio Ofusu

Yellow cards: Barrett,90+2 ;Brown,90+3


It was a dour day in Telford and the playing surface was wet after some heavy pre match rain.

Kettering made a bright start with Jordon Crawford’s 3rd minute left foot curler from 15 yards just clearing the bar.  The same player, chasing a through ball a minute later, got past an awkward Theo Streete challenge and collided with home keeper,Ted Cann – but there was no offence seen by the Referee.

On 5 minutes Kettering keeper, Jackson Smith was quickly off his line to smother from the advancing Jason Oswell.There was a minutes applause in the 6th minute for Arthur Labinjo-Hughes,the child abused and killed by his stepmother, aided by his father – an horrific crime. This was supported by everyone in the ground.

Telford tried to get more into the game and Brad Boot’s left foot shot was just wide and Theo Streete then headed horribly wide from an Elliott Durrell free kick. For Kettering, Connor Barrett’s driving run and cross was cleared and, on 17 minutes, Alex Brown’s free kick from 25 yards was wide of the right post.

Kettering took the lead on 18 minutes. Gerry McDonagh pounced on poor defending to cross the ball from the left for Jordon Crawford to finish with a low right foot shot to Cann’s left.

Kettering were now firmly in control, forcing a number of set pieces into the home penalty area with no end result. Crawford came close to scoring again as, in the 

28th minute his header from Brown’s cross dropped onto the top of the bar with Cann beaten.

It was just a minute later that the Poppies doubled their lead. Again McDonagh was the provider as good footwork allowed him to cross low from the left for Brown to sweep the ball in.

The Poppies were comfortable at this stage and McDonagh almost found a hat- trick of assists as he set up Connor Kennedy – but the shot was dragged across the goal and wide.

Telford managed a couple of chances before the break when Dom McHale headed wide from a free kick and keeper Smith made a great save from Kai Williams after Chris Smith had slipped on the greasy surface.  

Half Time:

AFC TELFORD  UNITED       0         -       2               KETTERING TOWN

The Bucks had clearly had a lively discussion during the break and, now attacking the end where most of their supporters had congregated, began to drive forward to attack Smith’s goal.

Telford were also using long throws into the penalty area and, on 47 minutes, one missile was partly cleared to McHale, who should have done better as he lashed the ball high over the bar.

Kettering were not without attacking threat and Brown’s 51st minute low cross from the left saw Kennedy and Crawford get in each other’s way and the good chance was lost.

Jackson Smith then had two nasty moments as his attempt to punch clear was fluffed and in the ensuing melee, McDonagh hacked clear. Then the keeper came off his line to intercept a free kick and completely missed the ball. Fortunately the ball sailed out for a goal kick.

It was then Telford’s turn for poor defending, but the Poppies could just not get the final shot in as Gary Stohrer overran the ball. Smith was soon in action again for Kettering as he saved well from Kyle Bennett after another home corner was partially cleared.

From another Telford corner, Saul Shotton’s shot cannoned off Connor Johnson at point blank range with appeals for handball – but nothing given. Telford’s effort and territorial advantage finally paid off in the 63rd minute as Durrell’s corner from the left saw Streete unmarked at the far post with enough time to chest the ball into the net.

Kettering replied and Kennedy’s accurate shot on 66 minutes was deflected wide for a corner. Shortly after this McDonagh, who had been limping, was replaced by Kyle Perry, who received his customary welcome from home supporters!

Crawford had another strong run at the home defence, creating a chance for Kennedy- but the shot was deflected away. With Kettering more in the game now and threatening another goal – a great run by Stohrer set up Brown and the shot was somehow deflected over for a corner. From the set piece, Connor Johnson’s header looked a goal all the way but hit a defensive head as the involuntary header saved a certain goal.

The persistent Crawford almost scored again on 74 minutes as he hustled a defender to get the ball and, with a great chance to scor, the left foot shot was wide of goal.

Kettering began to fade going into the last ten minutes as Telford realised they could get something out of the game having survived Kettering’s attempts to get a third goal.

The visitors goal was bombarded with corners,throws an free kicks And the otherwise quiet Harrison Neal made a great block on a Bennett shot. On 85 minutes, Bennett had another effort deflected wide from a great scoring position.

Oswell headed wide from a corner, and Jackson Smith managed to catch a Streete lob right on the line and had to throw it back into play as he fell backwards. The ball however was not totally cleared and Kai Williams lashed home the equaliser on 87 minutes.

Straight from the restart Kettering’s Crawford with space on the left, cut in and his shot cannoned off the bar. It summed up Kettering’s day in a game they should have won. 

Full Time:

AFC TELFORD UNITED         2          -       2             KETTERING TOWN


Match Officials: Referee: Ed Duckworth Assistants: Matthew Perry; Harry Warner

Attendance: 1247 (Poppies fans estimated at 75)

Poppies Media Man of the Match: Alex Brown

Forthcoming HOME games:

Tuesday December 21st   Southport at 7.45pm

Tuesday 28th (Bank Holiday):  Kidderminster Harriers at 3pm

Sunday 2nd January: Brackley Town at 3pm

Other December games:

Saturday 18th away at Leamington at 3pm

Sunday  26th ( Boxing Day) away at Brackley at 3pm

Match report posted by Sadman KTFC.


Team Sheet

Location: Away (BUCKS HEAD)
Kick Off: 11th Dec 2021
Kettering Town FC
0 Jordon Crawford
0 Jordon Crawford
0 Theo Streete
0 Theo Streete
0 Kai Williams
0 Kai Williams