Match Report - LEAMINGTON

Half Time:

Kettering Town FC: 1


Jordon Crawford 00

Yellow Cards

Red Cards




Yellow Cards

Red Cards


Full Time:

Kettering Town FC: 4


Jordon Crawford 45
Callum Powell 45

Yellow Cards

Red Cards




Yellow Cards

Red Cards


Match Report


The Poppies registered an impressive result today at Leamington as they ran out 4-0 winners. At the break they led through a Jordon Crawford goal, scored after just 7 minutes (above). Crawford doubled his tally after 75 minutes, with young loanee, George Cooper, scoring a third goal in spectacular fashion just two minutes later. The scoring was completed with a Callum Powell penalty in the 86th minute. 


Out of the squad were the injured Gerry McDonagh, and Lamine Sherif and Claudio Ofosu did not feature. Callum Powell started, with Isaac Stones, Rhys Sharpe and the returning Decarrey Sheriff all on the bench.

The teams lined up:


1   Matt Seargant

2   Dan Meredith

3   Stephan Morley

4   Alex Prosser (12 James Mace,46)

5   Kyle Morrison (Captain)

6   Jack Lane

7   Joe Parker (14 Kaiman Anderson,76)

8   Callum Gittings (15 Kieran Cook,81)

9   Kelsey Mooney

10 Junior English

11 Dan Turner

Unused substitutes:

16 Jack Sang

17 Kurtis Wood

Yellow Cards: Morley,66; Cook,90+3


1  Jackson Smith

2  Connor Barrett

3  Alex Brown

4  George Cooper 

5  Connor Johnson

6  Chris Smith

7  Callum Powell 

8  Connor Kennedy (Captain) 

9  Gary Stohrer 

10 Jordon Crawford 

11 Harrison Neal 

Unused Substitutes:

12 Isaac Stones

14 Decarrey Sheriff

15 Rhys Sharpe

16 Luke Ward

24 Kyle Perry

Yellow cards: Neal,35; Barrett,90+3.


A very overcast day meant the floodlights were on from the start today……..

The Poppies started off in very lively fashion forcing the Brakes back into their own half and there was plenty of action in the home penalty area. Alex Brown’s long throws and corners pinned the hosts in their own 18-yard box and home keeper Matt Seargant spilled a corner, only for Harrison Neal to hook the ball over the bar.

Jordon Crawford saw a shot blocked with appeals for a handball waived away. Then an off-balance Connor Kennedy headed a Brown cross wide, and another Brown free kick was cleared away by ex Poppy, Stephan Morley. 

The pressure paid off in the 7th minute as Kettering took the lead. Brown’s corner on the right was cleared back to him. He cut inside, incisively and his low left foot from 15 yards was parried by Seargant, but only as far as Jordon Crawford, who forced the ball home.

Leamington finally had a chance on 14 minutes after Connor Johnson conceded a free kick, centrally, some 35 yards out. Morley’s low accurate free kick took a wicked deflection forcing Kettering keeper, Jackson Smith, to make a full-length diving save to his left. The Brakes forced two more corners and from the second, Dan Turner had a half chance, but the shot was well blocked. Then Jackson Smith was quickly off his line to dive and punch away a Morley free kick in towards the penalty spot.

The home side had plenty of possession in a 10-minute spell, but the Kettering defence was solid. There was a brief respite as Crawford won a corner on the break, but this led to a good clearance which saw Dan Meredith race forward and win a corner for the hosts, which came to nothing.

Alex Brown and Connor Barrett were having good runs on the flanks, but there was no end product at this juncture. The speed of Crawford and Callum Powell was also evident, which forced some hasty home clearances at times.

On 37 minutes another Brown long throw found Connor Kennedy and the shot from close in was deflected for a fruitless corner. A minute later there were two chances for the Poppies to increase their lead. George Cooper’s header from Powell’s cross was saved by Seargant. Then a swift counter attack involving Kennedy and Powell saw Crawford’s on-target shot well blocked.

The Poppies exerted more late pressure as Brown’s long throw gave Johnson a shooting chance which was blocked close to the goal line and finally Kennedy mis-headed a great chance in front of goal.

Half Time:

LEAMINGTON       0         -        1            KETTERING TOWN

The Brakes made an immediate substitution bringing on the returning James Mace for Alex Prosser, with Dan Meredith moving into midfield. They then laid siege to the Poppies goal in the early exchanges. Dan Turner’s shot was well blocked and Brown blocked out danger from Joe Parker at the expense of a corner.

Jackson Smith was called into action in the 50th minute as Kelsey Mooney chased and controlled a huge clearance. Cutting in from the left he saw his shot beaten away by Smith and from the resultant corner, Kyle Morrison’s header hit the bar and was cleared away. This was probably the critical event of the half so far for the Poppies as the game became very end to end for a period with defences in control. 

Kettering began to take control again with the lively Crawford winning an unproductive corner; George Cooper’s 62ndminute half volley was well saved by Seargant, who managed to push the shot just wide of the right post and Cooper was then upended in the penalty area with no offence seen by the Referee.

Leamington got forward to create a shooting chance for Meredith, which Chris Smith blocked near to the goal line. As it turned out, this 69th minute chance was the last good chance for Leamington as Kettering began to pile on the late pressure. Powell and Crawford both saw 74th minute shots blocked, but in the next minute Kettering doubled their lead.

Harrison Neal’s 75th minute free kick on the left was met by Crawford, who looped a 12-yard header up and over Seargant and just under the bar to make it 2-0. Just two minutes later it was 3-0 as young George Cooper picked up a clearance 25 yards out, and his right foot screamer into the top right-hand corner gave Seargant no chance.

Crawford set up Powell with an 82nd minute chance, but the shot from the outside of the right foot was just over the bar.

It was 4-0 from the penalty spot on 86 minutes. Junior English’s handball just outside the penalty area saw Powell’s free kick cannon off the wall. In the ensuing play Powell was brought down in the area, and duly converted the spot kick.

Kettering had further chances to increase their lead as Powell saw a shot saved, Crawford’s shot was blocked and Connor Barrett’s mazy run deserved more but he spooned his left foot shot over the bar.

Dan Meredith summed up Leamington’s day as his last-minute wild shot was out of the ground and Kettering finished comfortable winners.

Full Time:

LEAMINGTON          0       -       4           KETTERING TOWN

Match Officials: Referee: Darren Rogers; Assistants: Ashley Clarke; David Burton

Attendance: 553 (Poppies fans estimated at 125)

Poppies Media Man of the Match: Jordon Crawford


Forthcoming HOME games:

Tuesday December 21st   Southport at 7.45pm

Tuesday 28th (Bank Holiday):  Kidderminster Harriers at 3pm

Sunday 2nd January: Brackley Town at 3pm

Forthcoming away games:

Sunday 26th ( Boxing Day) away at Brackley at 3pm

Saturday January 9th away at Alfreton at 3pm

Match report posted by Sadman KTFC.


Team Sheet

Location: Away (AWAY)
Kick Off: 18th Dec 2021
Kettering Town FC
0 Callum Powell
0 Jordon Crawford
0 Jordon Crawford