Match Report - BARWELL

Half Time:

Kettering Town FC: 1



Yellow Cards

Red Cards




Tiago 00

Yellow Cards

Red Cards


Full Time:

Kettering Town FC: 4


Decarrey Sheriff 45
Decarrey Sheriff 45
Decarrey Sheriff 45

Yellow Cards

Red Cards




Yellow Cards

Red Cards


Match Report


The sides were level 1-1 at half time with Brad Gascoigne equalising for Kettering on the stroke of half time after Tiago Nassunculo had given Barwell the lead in the 32nd minute. 

Decarrey Sheriff put Kettering in front in the 50th minute, and the game’s crucial moment came on 57 minutes when Kettering’s injured keeper, Cameron Gregory, saved Brady Hickey’s penalty. Gregory followed this with another great save from George Ward’s header just minutes later. The Poppies finished the much stronger side and two further goals from Sheriff, the last one from the penalty spot, secured their place in the next round.



There were no changes to the starting line up from the last match. Ben Sault was back from injury, on the seven man substitutes bench, which also included goalkeeping coach, Harry Hogg.

The teams lined up:


1    Andy Wycherley

2    George Ward (12 Micah Edwards,80)

3    Melis Bushaj

4    Dom Brown-Hill

5    Kyle Rowley

6    Herve Pepe-Ngoma

7    Beck-Ray Enoru (14 Deen Master,80)

8    Max Brogan

9    Michael Harding (15 Cam Moore,75)

10  Brady Hickey (Captain)  

11  Tiago Nassunculo

Unused substitutes:

16  Roger Lee

Yellow Cards: Ward,9;Brogan,59



1    Cameron Gregory

3    Harry Reilly (14 Ethan Hill,68) 

4    Lewis White

6    Brad Gascoigne

7    Andrew Oluwabori (5 Ben Toseland, 87)

8    Gary Stohrer (Captain)

10  Keaton Ward

11  Rhys Sharpe

12  George Cooper

16  Andre Wright 

17  Decarrey Sheriff (12 Ben Sault,81)

Unused Substitutes:

1  Harry Hogg

9  Jordan Graham

15 Sam Bennett

18 Neo Richard-Noel

Yellow card: White,57 



It was a sunny afternoon at the UK Flooring Direct Stadium as the game kicked off after a minute’s silence for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Barwell’s recently installed artificial pitch looked inviting.

In truth, the first period was to lack both excitement and goalmouth action during the first half hour. Keaton Ward had a third minute chance, but his shot was picked up by home keeper Andy Wycherley. The keeper was in action a few minutes later as he stretched to palm away a Decarrey Sheriff cross from the left.

Andrew Oluwabori on Kettering’s right tried a cross into the danger area but Dom Brown-Hill deflected for a fruitless corner. At the other end Cam Gregory, carrying what looked like a hamstring injury, collected with ease a header from Beck-Ray Enoru.

The game was mainly in midfield with little goal threat at the game approached the 30 minute mark. Keaton Ward’s corner was easily defended and, for Barwell, Max Brogan’s free kick into the visitors’ six yard box was well defended.

The game’s first goal came in the 32nd minute. Enoru on the right did excellently to go through three tackles to get into the danger area. He poked the ball across goal where Tiago Nassunculo reacted well to stab past Gregory.

Kettering were stunned and took some time to react to the goal with Barwell controlling the next 10 minutes, but without further goal threat. Gary Stohrer, ever the workhorse, miscued his shot in from a good position and as the ball bounced around in the home penalty area, there were some shouts for a hand ball – but these were waved away by the Referee.

Brad Gascoigne had looked solid and his 44th minute header from an Enoru cross was crucial as Kettering broke quickly to win a corner at the other end on the cusp of half time. From Ward’s corner, on the left, Gascoigne rose the highest at the far post to head firmly past Wycherley.

There was a further great chance for Kettering to score in added time. Rhys Sharpe’s cross from the left evaded Wycherley and Andre Wright headed over the bar from a great position. 

Half Time:

BARWELL       1       -        1             KETTERING TOWN

Early Kettering pressure created a opening for Gascoigne, up for a set piece, and his shot was deflected out for a corner. Rhys Sharpe had been trying a few long throws into the six yard box and on 50 minutes one of these paid off. The throw was headed on by Wright and swept home by Decarrey Sheriff from a central position.

Shortly after the goal, Sharpe was in action at the other end as he made a vital block to deny Enoru. Kettering countered and Harry Reilly’s curling cross from the left was just too far in front of Oluwabori.

Barwell were awarded a penalty on 57 minutes as Lewis White, beaten for speed, made contact on Nassuncolu and received a yellow card. Ace scorer and set piece expert Brady Hickey saw his penalty very well saved by Gregory going to his left.

Gregory was hobbling, but made a second great save just minutes later as he somehow kept out George Ward’s header from a corner. From this restart, an unmarked Hickey headed over the bar.

Kettering now took almost total control of the game. Oluwabori found some space after a Sharpe long throw and his effort was deflected away for a corner and on 70 minutes the Poppies extended their lead. The ball was worked to the left where great play from Keaton Ward opened up the play allowing Decarrey Sheriff to get into the penalty area and the striker took the cross and drilled it past Wycherley.

Five minutes later it was 4-1. Sheriff wriggled past George Ward on the left and the defender pulled him down. Already on a yellow card, the defender was allowed to stay on the field. It was a strange decision as White had been carded for a similar offence. Sheriff got up to convert the spot kick sending the keeper the wrong way.

Kettering’s now comfortable lead was nearly increased as a deflected shot from Stohrer was very well palmed over the bar by Wycherley. The keeper made a routine save from an Andre Wright shot and Keaton Ward’s final minute screamer was marginally wide of the right post.

Kettering move on to the next round on October 1st – the draw being made on Tuesday

Full Time:

BARWELL        1       -       4             KETTERING TOWN

Match Officials: Referee: Dale Wooton; Assistants: Matthew Jackson; Mehul Karia

Attendance: 402 (Kettering fans estimated at 200)

Poppies Media Elgoods Brewery Man of the Match: Decarrey Sheriff


Forthcoming matches:



Saturday 24th September: Kidderminster Harriers - kick off 3pm

Tuesday 27th September: Kings Lynn Town - kick off 7.45pm


Saturday 1st Emirates F A Cup 3rd Round Qualifying (Draw on TUESDAY 20th)

Saturday 8th: Scarborough Athletic Away at 3pm

Saturday 15th : HOME to Spennymoor Town at 3pm

Saturday 22nd: away at Chester City at 3pm

Tuesday 25th: Away at Farsley Celtic at 7.45pm

Saturday 29th HOME to Blyth Spartans at 3pm

Match report posted by Sadman KTFC.


Team Sheet

Location: Away (AWAY)
Kick Off: 17th Sep 2022
Kettering Town FC
0 Decarrey Sheriff
0 Decarrey Sheriff
0 Decarrey Sheriff
0 Tiago